START FOLLOWING THE PATH NOW
Sports Management: The Essentials Course
Sports management is the principle of organising and running sports and sports activities. It focuses primarily on the business side of sports but also on how sports can have a positive impact on our lives. In sports management, the economic and social effects of sports are measured and studied.
14 classes • 4h 41m
- INTRODUCTION / 09:19 /
- SPORTS HUMANITIES / 16:53 /
- SPORTS SOCIOLOGY / 26:03 /
- LAW AND ETHICS IN SPORT / 21:48 /
- STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT / 26:03 /
- CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY / 19:21 /
- SPORTS ECONOMY / 28:09 /
- SPORTS DEVELOPMENT / 19:38 /
- SPORTS MARKETING / 29:00 /
- SPORTS TECHNOLOGY:
INNOVATION AND DISRUPTION / 21:32 /
- SPORTS EVENT MANAGEMENT / 14:34 /
- FINANCE MANAGEMENT IN SPORTS / 16:33 /
- SPORTS DATA AND ANALYTICS / 26:24 /
- CONCLUSION / 05:50 /
How to Start Your Career in the Sports Industry
The global sports industry is worth more than $600 billion and creates millions of jobs around the world each year. In the last few decades, sports have become more accessible for fans which has led to greater interest and higher demand. The growing sports industry means there's now a higher demand than ever for highly qualified professionals who understand the industry and are passionate about sports.
11 classes • 3h 31m
- INTRODUCTION / 10:01 /
- THE MAKEUP OF THE SPORTS INDUSTRY / 26:09 /
- SKILLS REQUIRED IN THE SPORTS INDUSTRY / 26:46 /
- QUALIFICATIONS AND ACCREDITATIONS IN THE SPORTS INDUSTRY / 20:04 /
- VOLUNTEERING IN SPORT / 15:33 /
- SPORTS NETWORKING / 23:55 /
- SPORTS INDUSTRY EVENTS / 14:07 /
- FINDING JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN THE SPORTS INDUSTRY / 21:58 /
- FREELANCING IN THE SPORTS INDUSTRY / 21:01 /
- SPORTS ENTERPRISE AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP / 23:04 /
- CONCLUSION / 08:27 /
The Complete Course on Sport Events and Facility Management
The global sports industry current growth outstrips that of the GDP growth of most countries. Sports events are a major part of the industry, and as sports have grown, so too have the events. These days, events are bigger, more exciting and bring in more revenue than ever before. Fans from all over the world tune in to watch some of the biggest sports with mega events like the Olympics bringing in billions of viewers.
11 classes • 3h 38m
- INTRODUCTION / 16:06 /
- TYPES OF SPORTING EVENTS / 24:32 /
- EVENT FEASIBILITY / 34:04 /
- HUMAN RESOURCES / 20:05 /
- EVENT HOSPITALITY / 18:35 /
- RISK MANAGEMENT / 20:04 /
- EVENT SPONSORSHIPS / 23:36 /
- SUSTAINABILITY AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY / 16:29 /
- SPORTS EVENTS CASE STUDIES / 24:49 /
- THE FUTURE OF SPORTS EVENTS / 12:26 /
- CONCLUSION / 07:30 /
The Complete Course on Sports Sponsorship
Throughout history, sports sponsorships have been a massive part of the sports industry. Many sports are completely reliant on sponsorships and for others, sponsorships make up a big portion of their revenue. With the global sports sponsorship industry estimated at being worth more than $45 billion, it’s clear that there is a lot of value for both brands and rights holders in sponsoring sport.
12 classes • 2h 47m
- INTRODUCTION / 12:04 /
- THE BIRTH OF SPORTS SPONSORSHIP / 18:17 /
- THE EVOLUTION AND GROWTH OF SPORTS SPONSORSHIP / 20:38 /
- THE ADDED VALUE OF SPONSORSHIP IN THE MARKETING MIX / 13:08 /
- SPONSORSHIP ACTIVATION / 10:05 /
- NAMING RIGHTS AND LICENCING / 17:21 /
- THE IMPACT OF SPONSORSHIP THROUGH MEDIA AND MARKET RESEARCH / 12:35 /
- SPONSORSHIP CASE STUDIES / 21:31 /
- THE IMPACT OF TECHNOLOGY ON SPONSORSHIP / 13:56 /
- DIGITAL SPONSORSHIP / 08:17 /
- TRENDS, DEVELOPMENT AND FUTURE DIRECTION / 14:23 /
- CONCLUSION / 05:43 /
How Sports Marketing Changed the Game
Sports and marketing have long been entwined, and as the years go by, the connection between the two industries grows stronger. Marketing focuses on building solid connections with the consumer and making sure that the product or service offered provides value to consumers. Meanwhile, sports marketing focuses on building a connection with consumers through sports. Usually, a sports marketer is promoting a product or service towards the fans of a sport, athlete or team. Sports marketing relies on building strong connections with fans who take the place of regular consumers. Fans help to make sports marketing unique, and marketers should pay close attention to fans if they want to be successful.
10 classes • 2h 30m
- INTRODUCTION / 08:54 /
- SPORTS MARKETING / 17:58 /
- EVOLUTION OF SPORTS MARKETING / 24:29 /
- WHY DID COMPANIES START INVESTING IN SPORTS MARKETING? / 10:15 /
- CASES: SPORTS MARKETING / 21:19 /
- CASES: AMBUSH MARKETING / 12:43 /
- CAREERS IN SPORTS MARKETING / 04:09 /
- INTERESTING FACTS & FIGURES / 13:26 /
- FUTURE TRENDS IN SPORTS MARKETING / 31:07 /
- CONCLUSION / 06:34 /
Women in Sports: Triumphs, Challenges and Opportunities
Women are a minority group in most of the sport industry. This course on Women in Sport focuses on a broad range of topics relating to how working toward gender equality and equal gender representation in sport will benefit not only women and girls everywhere, but all stakeholders involved.
12 classes • 2h 36m
- INTRODUCTION / 10:54 /
- WHY ARE WOMEN IN SPORT SO IMPORTANT / 15:54 /
- GENDER STEREOTYPES - BREAKING THE MOLD / 13:38 /
- GROUND BREAKING WOMEN IN THE SPORT BUSINESS / 14:01 /
- THE CHALLENGES FACING WOMEN’S SPORTS / 15:02 /
- WOMEN WILL RISE / 09:45 /
- WHY DO WOMEN REMAIN UNDERREPRESENTED IN SPORT MANAGEMENT / 12:06 /
- HOW TO ACCELERATE GENDER EQUALITY IN SPORT LEADERSHIP / 16:32 /
- THE DIFFERENCE MAKERS / 19:49 /
- FUTURE SPORT LEADERS | WOMEN NEED WOMEN / 09:40 /
- GENDER EQUALITY AND THE TRANSGENDER ATHLETE / 16:45 /
- CONCLUSION / 02:41 /
A Practical Guide to Find Work in European Football (Soccer)
When most of us think of jobs within the football (soccer) industry, the list is usually exhausted after the players, officials and coaching team. But behind the scenes are the inner-workings of one of the fastest-growing industries in the world comprising a vast array of careers that keep the beautiful game ticking.
17 classes • 4h 37m
- INTRODUCTION / 09:18 /
- WHY WORK IN FOOTBALL? / 02:45 /
- NETWORKING / 12:50 /
- FOOTBALL SEMINARS / 23:34 /
- WOMEN IN FOOTBALL / 21:54 /
- VOLUNTEERING / 14:16 /
- INTERVIEW SKILLS / 25:10 /
- JOB FAIR / 10:20 /
- WEBSITES / 23:28 /
- FREELANCE WORK / 13:13 /
- FOOTBALL START-UPS / 12:19 /
- LITERATURE / 10:06 /
- PODCASTS / 10:02 /
- UNDERGRADUATE DEGREES / 19:20 /
- MASTER’S DEGREE COURSES / 33:35 /
- EXECUTIVE EDUCATION / 20:29 /
- CONCLUSION / 15:02 /
A Comprehensive Guide to the Business of eSports
Short for Electronic Sports, eSports provide a way for people to prove their video game skills by playing people from around the world. As the industry has grown, so too has the scale and importance of the events. Today, the eSports industry is worth over $1 billion and employs millions of people around the world. The industry has a wide range of different jobs available, and if you’d like to get involved in eSports, it’s important to understand how it operates and what makes eSports such a unique opportunity.
10 classes • 4h 10m
- INTRODUCTION / 14:40 /
- THE HISTORY OF ESPORTS / 25:51 /
- A GLOBAL AUDIENCE / 24:20 /
- ESPORTS REVENUE / 35:49 /
- ESPORTS ORGANISATIONAL STRUCTURE / 28:29 /
- ESPORTS EVENTS / 20:16 /
- CASE STUDIES / 26:16 /
- ISSUES IN ESPORTS / 32:21 /
- THE FUTURE OF ESPORTS / 36:58 /
- CONCLUSION / 05:54 /
The Complete Course on Sports Journalism
As the years have gone by, new technology and demands from fans have completely changed the way sports journalism works, and the industry is currently in a constant state of change thanks to the development of the internet and digital media. In this changing industry, sports journalism has become more competitive than ever, and aspiring journalists are finding it harder to break into the field.
11 classes • 3h 56m
- INTRODUCTION / 10:53 /
- THE HISTORY OF SPORTS JOURNALISM / 26:24 /
- THE CHANGING FACE OF SPORTS JOURNALISM AND MEDIA / 23:29 /
- ETHICS IN SPORTS JOURNALISM / 25:04 /
- HOW TO START A CAREER IN SPORTS JOURNALISM / 22:29 /
- COVERING SPORTS IN PRINT / 26:45 /
- BROADCASTING SPORTS / 32:34 /
- SPORTS FEATURES / 16:55 /
- MODERN SPORTS JOURNALISM CASE STUDIES / 12:20 /
- THE FUTURE OF SPORTS JOURNALISM / 32:08 /
- CONCLUSION / 07:03 /
Innovation in Sports: Past, Present and Future
Sports are competitive by nature, and athletes and sports organisations must always innovate to stay ahead of their rivals. When we talk about innovation in sports, we can refer to several different things. One of the main ways that sports innovate and adapt over time is by introducing new techniques, helping athletes to push themselves to new limits. Since the invention of the very first competition, people have been coming up with ways to make sports faster, more exciting and better to watch.
11 classes • 3h 41m
- INTRODUCTION / 10:42 /
- INNOVATIONS IN NEW TECHNIQUES / 19:08 /
- INNOVATIONS IN NEW TECHNOLOGY / 24:35 /
- INNOVATION TO HOW SPORTS ARE CONSUMED / 29:08 /
- CASE STUDIES ON HOW INNOVATIONS HAVE CHANGED THE WAY WE CONSUME SPORT / 11:26 /
- THE CREATION OF NEW SPORTS AND ADAPTING TO EXPANDING MARKETS / 50:06 /
- FUTURE TRENDS: SPORT GOES DIGITAL / 12:52 /
- CASE STUDIES ON SOCIAL MEDIA INNOVATION IN SPORTS / 11:32 /
- FUTURE TECHNOLOGIES IN SPORT / 25:03 /
- CASE STUDIES OF FUTURE INNOVATIONS IN SPORT / 15:17 /
- CONCLUSION / 11:13 /
A Comprehensive Guide to Gameday Operations in Sport
For those who love sports and being a part of the action, there are few areas of the sports industry more rewarding than gameday operations. Directly involved in coordinating and organising the efforts of sports teams and organisations, those working in gameday operations play a crucial role in ensuring sports can be seen by a wider audience. The role of gameday operations staff can change a lot, but if you want to work in the field, you’ll have to understand the kind of responsibilities involved and what sort of skills are required to be successful.
11 classes • 3h 45m
- INTRODUCTION / 18:45 /
- RESPONSIBILITIES OF GAMEDAY OPERATIONS STAFF / 13:32 /
- COMMUNICATION / 30:38 /
- HUMAN RESOURCES / 22:10 /
- RISK MANAGEMENT / 19:37 /
- MEDIA LIAISON / 22:54 /
- FACILITY MANAGEMENT / 23:43 /
- HOW TO WORK IN GAMEDAY OPERATIONS / 26:37 /
- GAMEDAY OPERATION CASE STUDIES / 12:40 /
- INNOVATIONS IN GAMEDAY OPERATIONS / 26:35 /
- CONCLUSION / 07:52 /
Sports Management: Strategy and Performance
Strategic management is the process of setting and optimising goals, ensuring that the business is on the right track and that its core goals are being met. For any business or sports organisation, goals are crucial, helping the management and staff or athletes work together to achieve their shared targets. The overall objectives of a strategic management plan are to set realistic aims, put processes in place to achieve those aims, collect and analyse data on the organisation and use that data to improve the processes.
11 classes • 4h 23m
- INTRODUCTION / 12:58 /
- STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT/ 27:26 /
- SPORTS DEVELOPMENT / 36:08 /
- HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT / 21:36 /
- OPTIMISING PERFORMANCES / 20:50 /
- CORPORATE STRATEGY / 37:31 /
- DATA ANALYSIS / 27:40 /
- MARKETING STRATEGY / 22:29 /
- INNOVATION IN STRATEGIC / 22:22 /
- STRATEGIC AND PERFORMANCE / 27:04 /
- CONCLUSION / 06:35 /
Digital and Social Media Marketing in Sports: The Essentials
With the fast growth of the internet and the fact that there are now billions of people online, digital and social media marketing have rapidly grown in significance. Today, these platforms can be used in a variety of different ways to improve the image of a brand and help a company to reach its target demographics. In the world of sports, digital and social media have been used to connect fans in their love of their favourite sports, teams and athletes. Sports marketers have also made the most of these platforms to appeal to sports fans and associate brands with major sports teams and sporting moments.
10 classes • 3h 49m
- INTRODUCTION / 16:47 /
- DIGITAL MARKETING FUNDAMENTALS/ 30:26 /
- BRAND MANAGEMENT AND FANS / 26:33 /
- DEVELOPING A MARKETING PLAN / 32:03 /
- THE POWER OF SOCIAL MEDIA / 27:35 /
- SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING / 20:23 /
- FAN ENGAGEMENT AND DATA ANALYTICS / 19:29 /
- TRENDS IN DIGITAL AND SOCIAL MEDIA SPORTS MARKETING / 26:51 /
- INNOVATION IN DIGITAL MARKET / 21:29 /
- CONCLUSION / 08:10 /
Sports Agents and the Athlete Management Business
Sports agents represent their clients, athletes, in order to help them move their career in the right direction. Sports agents rely on their network of connections in the industry as well as great interpersonal and negotiation skills to get the best deals for their clients and help their clients to make more out of their athletic talents. Becoming a successful professional athlete requires a huge amount of dedication and focus, meaning that the best athletes often have less time to dedicate towards promoting themselves and advancing their career. On top of this, they may not have a comprehensive understanding of contract law, and this can lead to athletes being taken advantage of by professional sports teams and brands offering endorsements.
11 classes • 4h 4m
- INTRODUCTION / 28:08 /
- NETWORKING AND RECRUITMENT/ 26:44 /
- ANALYSING VALUE / 25:42 /
- CLIENT/AGENT RELATIONSHIP / 19:26 /
- PUBLIC RELATIONS / 19:49 /
- MARKETING / 23:45 /
- SPORTS FINANCE / 23:46 /
- TSPORTS AGENTS AND THE LAW / 21:53 /
- ETHICS IN ATHLETE REPRESENTATION / 22:39 /
- NEGOTIATION / 24:15 /
- CONCLUSION / 08:08/
I really liked the structure of the course and the information it provides. very nicely explained - really well done :)
Um tema complexo e importantíssimo, visto sob diversos setores. Curso completo e relevante!
Vinícius da Silva Christianes
An interesting course for understanding how eSports operates. I am new to this and found it very useful!
Great course compiling information which is not that easy to find.
This course has definitely given me ideas on how to gain entry to the football industry.
Truly Insightful. Well Structured.
Pathway oriented. Well researched.
Recommended for job seeker like me.
Saam has unravelled the usually exclusive information about the inner workings of the football industry and how to find employment in football. This is very helpful and inspirational for a person like me. One more thing I really found fascinating about the course is an attached document where Saam compiled guides and links to over 500 job websites within the football industry. Thank you, Saam!
Learned a lot about eSports on this course. Interesting videos and a good selection of articles provided for further reading.
Slides are a bit dry but normal for lectures, but overall I've learned many interesting things about eSports.
Anak Na Bangxang
The course is jam-packed with information, tools and suggestions on how to pursue a career path in football.
Definetely recommend it to others who are thinking or in the process of reviewing their future employment in sport.
Words from the Author, Saam Momen:
I have a true passion for teaching! I have proudly taught university courses in Switzerland, USA and Brazil. My career spans over 15 years in the sporting industry with jobs at the London Olympic Bid Committee, UEFA, CSM and TEAM Marketing. I possess a Master Degree in Sports Management and an Executive Education diploma at Harvard Business School on The Business of Entertainment, Media and Sports. I hope that throughout this course you are able to have a wonderful learning experience! Please do not hesitate to reach out should you have any queries.